Friday, September 28, 2012

Why I'm Hooked On Weight Watchers!

Okay so it's finally Friday...woohoo! Found quite a few new blogs and sites with so many great recipes, I even ended up subscribing to quite a few (for now). If you're in to Weight Watchers like everyone probably out there is right now, then read up on my short story.

Journey to a better way!
I joined in January with a few pounds to lose after a year of total stress & depression (totally another story)..I think I was up about 15 lbs or 20 if I wanted to continue playing with extra pounds once in awhile. I researched and read up on all my gathered information and joined WW online for free! I was pretty at that point, ready.. I'd say for about two months. So after seeing Jennifer Hudson's commercial (yes I know) I didn't hesitate about making an immediate change! As of  and now, I'm currently trying to maintain..if it was up to mom, I'd be gaining a few as well! I dropped a total of 37, a little more than my goal but really feel so healthy and satisfied with my meals. I've always been a yo yo dieter, even battled the two feared diet/health words out there; anorexia & bulimia at the same time. It took many years to get through that stage but I know it'll always be part of my life and always in the back of my head...not because I want it to be, but I think it's just the way of that disease. So today I'm down to 102-104, I'm not quite 5'3" and very small boned so the weight doesn't make me look like a skeleton (I think) but healthy...I hope it does!



Why I'm Hooked On Weight Watchers!
I'm kind of a creature of habit, I do enjoy trying new foods; however if what I'm eating is working, I'll typically stick with it..bite for bite! Reasons I love my new way of eating:

Weight Watchers Points Plus
  • I get to eat fruits pretty much throughout the day. After breakfast I'll usually have a sliced apple (green or red) with 1 tbsp Nutella or 1 tbsp Peanut Butter or one of each! Lunch - Add a fruit like orange or apple to my meal, then on to my afternoon snack:) Usually handful  of grapes on top of a Wasa cracker topped with non-fat plain Greek yogurt with the sliced grapes & 1/2 banana. My after dinner snack is usually a 6oz Yoplait Light Yogurt with frozen berries, 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup of grapes. I layer it up in a pretty glass and bam, instant parfait my way!
  • Veggies- all I can eat! Need I say anymore:) Whatever meal it is, I'll definitely load up on veggies! Stuff the pita, tortilla, top the baked potato etc! 0 points!
  • Fish- I eat 4oz daily for lunch or dinner. Grilled, oven, microwaved, BBQ..any which way is good but the best I think is on the George Foreman Grill.
  • Chicken - same as the fish!
  • Beef - not so much in this category for me unless it's right off the BBQ! Love steak but don't get it too often, prices nowadays are just so high to enjoy this on a daily basis...plus WW really has taught me to mix it up and balance out!
  • Through the months, I've found some really great products out there, changed up a few recipes with my great finds and was able to drop entree points by around 3-8pts (per entree!)!
  • Beverages - usually drink about 4-5 water bottles with Crystal Light or we fill up with Mint Water! Simply add fresh mint and sliced lemon to the water jug and chill! Adding the same to ice-cubes...heaven! Great fat burner too!
  • Wine - really trying to stay away from it till I can get this maintaining conquered! Each 5oz glass is just about 5 pts.
  • Beer - I've turned to Budweiser Select 55 because each can/bottle is only 2pts! (This was provided on the Weight Watchers Beer Cheat Sheet I copied below!)

    Drink smart- 

    There are thousands of different beers out there. We break it down by the numbers, so you can minimize yourPointsPlus™ values while maximizing your enjoyment. (Based on 12-oz servings.)
    • Most 12-ounce beer with 5 percent alcohol by volume contains a PointsPlus value of 5.
    • The typical 16-ounce draft pint contains a PointsPlus value of 7.
    • Most 12-ounce "light" beershave a PointsPlus value of 4.
    • 1-pint draft of light beer has a PointsPlus value of 5.
    • 12-ounce non-alcoholic beer has a PointsPlus value of 2.

    Beers with 2 PointsPlus values
    Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 (MGD 64)
    Select55


    Beers with 3 PointsPlus values
    Budweiser Select
    Busch Light
    Michelob Ultra
    Miller Lite
    Milwaukee's Best Light


    Beers with More PointsPlus values
    Budweiser
    Busch
    Coors
    Miller Genuine Draft
    Miller Highlife
  • Logging everything online is a cinch!
    • daily meals
    • weekly weight
    • daily activities (exercise or whatever else you're doing like cleaning, babysitting etc)
  • You can also create foods, recipes etc in the tracker and add them to your daily log and favorites! Basically to get your points plus figured out is by adding the fat, protein, carb and fiber; the online app kicks out the points value and so on! Love it!
  • The site also provides articles of success, tips & hints, suggestions, communities to join once you create your profile! Includes support and blogs!
  • The homepage offers new daily recipes, cheat sheets and their online store!
You see, so many reasons to try it...because it really does work!

I also love running which I've been doing for the past 4+ years! Running helps me for so many reasons like:
  • my high blood pressure
  • stress
  • maintaining weight
  • love the outdoors
  • I get to listen to my ipod as loud as I want once a day:)
  • plus it's a break away from my laptop
Enjoy and stick with it, because you're worth it!!

Weight Watchers Tip Of The Day:
Start the day rightSet your alarm five minutes early so you can stretch and clear your mind before you get moving. Use this time to think about your eating and exercise goals for the day.
*If you know me, you know this image is perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless Our Troops

With our troops deployed so far away from home, away from loved one...what are you doing to show your appreciation, gratitude and support? Our country may seem divided especially during elections but when it's time to come together, the PROUD do! Read some of the topics in the blogs below; let it all register and take a moment to say thanks. Any one of the organizations below have many programs for your community to GET INVOLVED, please show your support today! Don't put it off any longer...

the USO

Interested in more blogs on our troops